Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tips from your Nana

















A lovely treat in the mail today from my mum - this neat book "Tips from your Nana" by Robyn Paterson. I have had it on my wish list for a while as it looks like such a great read- the slogan is "Waste not, Want not!" which is right up my alley at the moment. Don't think I'll be preserving fruit any time soon but there is a great recipe for compost which will come in handy when we dust off the compost bin and actually get it working properly for the first time, and some lovely free ideas for kids in there too- potato stamps, homemade playdough and even how to make a kaleidoscope!
Here is a picture of the book next to a photo of my nana, who I wish was still around to teach me her incredible sewing skills!

2 comments:

FaerySarah said...

good idea having your wishlist permanently on the sidebar there... very wise!... about to go do it myself! haha cool book! you have all the books i want in your lists too! oh to be a book reviewer and get them all sent to you for free - that would be lovely!

Megan said...

wouldn't it just! i thought having a wish list would be a great memory jogger so whenever mum or hubby asks what i would like for birthday/christmas I will have lots of ideas for them as opposed to usually drawing a blank! thanks for following my blog :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails