Monday, February 8, 2010

black and white photo display


I saw this cool framing idea from a magazine (can't remember the name of it!) years ago when living in London- I ripped out this page...

I thought it would be a neat way to display some of our travel pics but it would be great for a family photo wall too.  I chose the photos I wanted, got most of them changed to black and white (some of the photos were soft muted colours which blends nicely with the black and white ones so I left them as is) then I got some enlarged, picked a whole lot of different frames and matts, then hubby had to spend about 2 hours getting them all straight on the wall! We have moved house three times since the first time we hung them so he is getting pretty quick at it now!

4 comments:

Jen said...

very cool
bless your hubby
I like your main lamp shade too

jugglingmotherhood said...

oooo I'm a bit jealous! I have seen this done too, and would love to display my family photos like this.
Absolutely love your header by the way! Really original idea!!!

Jacqui said...

I love pictures done like this! I've done it on a smaller scale on the wall near my desk but I'd like to do it larger in the living room and try and incorporate prints, drawings and photographs. I might be a bit over-ambitious!

Brigitte said...

This is a great idea! We have SO MANY b&w photos it's rediculous... Now I know what to do with them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails