Thursday, February 18, 2010

Viva: the good things in life

How great is the Viva lift out from the Herald each Wednesday?! (if you are lucky enough to be able to get your hands on a copy!)  It is always jam packed full of gorgeous homewares, divine fashion, quirky finds and interesting people.  My favourite pages include 'Upfront', 'Retail Therapy', 'Design Notebook' and the "10 Favourite Things" interview..... actually I pretty much adore the entire magazine!
The '10 favourite things' interview this week is with Cara Cheung who has opened a vintage boutique called Tiny Space in Auckland- a store selling handmade and vintage clothing, homewares and art.  Sounds fab doesn't it!


I have just read about the store on the Lilysmakebelieve blog too- they have written a really great 'Auckland World Tour article showcasing some really cool Auckland designers, markets, cafe's, parks and stores.


5 comments:

Lady Rockstitch said...

I sooooooo miss Viva. It was my favourite day of the week - wednesday. We've been away from Auckland for almost 2 years, so it's loverly to see these pages. And I love your blog. Andy

Domestic Goddess said...

I love that mag too.... My parents get the Herald and save it and CANVAS mag for me!

Michelle said...

Another Viva fan YAY! The lenghts I have gone in the past to to get my hands on a copy is amazing. I stay at home on a Wednesday so I make frequent texts during the day on to the hubby to ensure he doesn't forget my Herald, he thinks im nuts. I look forward to Weds nights cup of tea and sitting down once the kids are in bed to read it.

Megan said...

I am exactly the same- my hubby brings it home from work and woe is him if he forgets it!!!

Amber Whitecliffe and Hilary Johnston said...

I love the viva! thanks for mentioning our blog :) take care xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails