Friday, July 16, 2010

watching, reading, eating and crafting

Well it's been a busy old week here so I thought I'd share some of the things I've been up to...
Watching
-this brilliant french movie that's on at Rialto at the moment- a real edge of your seat thriller
Anything For Her Poster
Reading
-my new book from my hubby "Blackwork- Fifty Simple Embroidery Projects in traditional black and white" that was featured in last week's Viva- I haven't done any counted cross stitch type embroidery so I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

Eating
-these delicious passionfruit cupcakes thanks Jaime!
Crafting
-crocheting borders on my granny squares
-putting some custom orders together - a make up bag and a baby's toilet bag
Hope you have all had a good week too and thanks for the lovely comments about my giveaway!
Megan 

5 comments:

Gaijin Wife said...

wow yummy cupcakes and wow hub who knows exactly what to get you for your birthday - or did you tell him :)

Hope you have a relaxing Friday. Seriously, the more crafty shite (that blackwork book) I see on here the more the seed starts growing. Can't wait to see some of your black and white stuff.

pod and three peas said...

your crochet squares look as delicous as the cupcakes, I am a week into learning to crochet and I now appreciate how hard it is to get those pesky little granny squares to actually even be square !!!

Ninotchka said...

Yum!! Those cupcakes look almost too good to eat....almost I've got a couple of my dearly departed Grannies books on blackwork, but all the projects have a sixties/seventies vibe - lovely to see the art bought into the 21st Century - the projects look fantastic. I'll have to go and search that one out in the library! But show us how you do with your blackwork project. Have a great day. (p.s. I've no idea how to do that grab a button thing either lol, and I wanted to source cellophane bags because I'm thinking of kitting up my russian dolls, the're in my felt shop at the mo - maybe A5 or A4 would be ok.)

angelina said...

dont you love new craft books..opens up a whole new world.

Susan L (lily40au) said...

I've come back to your post again because I'm intrigued by the blackwork book. I love geometric cross stitch (http://itsthethingsthatmakeyougommmm.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-creative-space_25.html) and I've done a few lately. I even managed to find a leaflet of patterns at the op shop (http://itsthethingsthatmakeyougommmm.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-creative-space_15.html) that I'm planning to use to make cushion covers. But I really like the look of the blackwork book you got and I wondered whether you thought the book was something that would fit with what I've been doing because i haven't managed to find the book in any of the shops I've looked. Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails