Monday, November 1, 2010

some more thrifty finds

It has been the most beautiful weekend here and we spent most of it in the garden which was heaven even though we've got a few cuts and scratches to show for it!
We planted vege's, herbs and flowers, pruned a massive trailer load of trees and shrubs, did a little bit of weeding and just enjoyed being outside with the girls pottering about together watching and 'helping' us.  Will share some pics soon.
Anyway, I like how a lot of bloggers share their thrifty finds on a Sunday or Monday through Sophie's "Flea Market Finds" at http://herlibraryadventures.blogspot.com so I thought I'd share a few things I've found lately.
This crochet tea cosy from the Salvation Army for $1... now I just need to actually use my tea pot!
Not exactly a 'find' as I didn't have to go far but my neighbour Karen popped over the fence yesterday and offered me her huge box of vintage patterns as they are moving soon. I haven't got any patterns so I am looking forward to having a good look through these. I like how Karen put the patterns in big envelopes and stuck the picture on the front- much easier to put the pattern pieces back into!
A cute dolls pram $5 from the kids second hand shop up the road- 'Zero to Five'- we had one of these when we were little so its neat to have one for the girls too
and this gorgeous little dress also from Zero to Five- it was brand new so it was $7 but still not bad for a new dress! I just love the fabric!
Well, back to the garden now, have a great week and thanks for visiting!
Megan

8 comments:

Make mine Mid-Century said...

Lovely finds. That dress is too gorgeous!

Hope you're feeling good.

BigLittle said...

Don't you just love bargain finds! The dress is gorgeous... Maybe you might let me take a look at some of your vintage patterns :) x

maree said...

Ooooh loving the tea cosy - obviously missed that one on my visit to the Sally's last week:) Good score! Ciao

Jenevieve said...

Great bargains! That dress is so pretty and bright! :) x

Angela Noelle of SK said...

Definitely lots of lovelies there!!!

MissMollyCoddle said...

Cute dress! I got a gorgeous one from the Salvos last week, definately pays to have a wee rummage.

Allana said...

Great finds and how organised was your neighbour! What a thoughtful gift! :)

Bee said...

Cute little pram! I had a similar one, except it was red. And come to think of it, I think it was a basket. Ha! Cute finds!

Related Posts with Thumbnails