Sunday, November 28, 2010

yummy courgettes

Our little vege garden has really come away in the last week or so. We've got tomatoes, corn, lettuce, passionfruit, spinach, blueberries and peas growing along with some basil, oregano, sage, rosemary, italian parsley and thyme.
Our courgette plant has just started flowering but my sister's is already producing some yummy big courgettes. She brought one around the other day so my hubby Ben made this delicious dinner- pork chops with sage, oven baked potatoes and grilled courgette. Yum!
 Here's how he cooked the courgettes...
1. Slice thinly longways and spray on olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides
2. Place on a hot griddle plate or the BBQ for a few minutes each side or until they are nice and soft and look like this.
Enjoy!
Megan

4 comments:

Lady Muck said...

That meal looks incredible! I am going to miss all the lovely summer meals at this time of year... You must feel proud of your garden - nothing like growing your own veg!

Polka Dot Daze said...

Yum - I am afraid my attempt at a garden has been a disaster.

Gaijin Wife said...

yum - go Ben.and go your veggie garden. Wow. very impressed indeed. Yet again you have inspired me. Lets just hope the inspiration lasts the winter so I can get my thumb green come spring.

Bellgirl said...

Hwooor yum! You'll have to join my Veg About: http://bellgirl.com.au/2010/07/veg-about-meets-mister-linky.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails