Monday, January 31, 2011

Crafty Stitchers Tauranga Craft Club

A lovely lady Carolyne emailed me the other day asking if I knew of any crafty clubs/ craft evenings here in Tauranga. She had seen a few on crafty blogs in other cities and was keen to go along to one here.  I'd been thinking the same thing for a while but hadn't come across one here yet. So we met up and together made a plan for a once -a -month crafty evening, meeting at Cafe Bravo in Tauranga.  

Here's the details if you're interested...
Cafe Bravo, Red Square, Tauranga
The second Tuesday of the month
7 - 9 pm

The first evening will be Tuesday, February the 8th 2011

Bring along your crochet, knitting, embroidery or any other crafty project ...but don't worry, you don't have to be a fully fledged crafter!  We thought it would be a great way to meet other crafty types, have some kid free, relaxing time, maybe learn a new skill and get lots of ideas and inspiration for some projects if you're wanting to get crafty this year. You could just come along for the great coffee and cake!

You can also join the Crafty Stitchers on Facebook...
We'll put details of each evening on there, as well as links to lots of portable crafty projects for ideas.

I've put a button on my blog with a link to the crafty stitchers facebook page- if you're a local it'd be great if you could put it on your blog too to spread the word if you'd like to  :) and tell anyone you think would be interested in coming along.

There's no need to RSVP or feel that you have to come along to every evening, we know how busy life gets.  Just pop the date in your diary, turn up on the night (doesn't matter if you're there later than 7, I know how hard it is to get out the door some nights!) and enjoy a fun relaxing crafty evening. We'd love to see you!
Megan and Carolyne

6 comments:

boysmum2 said...

Sadly a little far to come from Hamilton, but if I lived closer I would be there. Well done you 2 for deciding to go and do it rather than just not both because no one else had done it. Hope the first night goes well.

Michelle said...

Wish I lived closer, I'd be there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan. Thanks for getting this up and running - it looks wonderful. I hope some of the fabulous local bloggers, and non blogging crafters (like me) come out and meet us. I am looking forward to getting out of the house to have a coffe and share some ideas..and maybe even to knit in public :-) See you on the 8th!! Carolyne

Amanda said...

Oh how I wish I could come and join you! Such a great idea Megan. xx

Niella said...

Hi Megan :-)

thanks for your lovely comment!

just catching up on your blog posts...simply gorgeous! i love your craft nook! wondrous x

Chubby Buddys said...

I would come but I don't drive and wouldn't be able to get my man to drop me off and pick me up at that time as our boys would be in bed. I will keep following the blog and look forward to seeing how it all goes. Hope the 1st night goes great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails