Monday, February 21, 2011

a mid afternoon snack

One of my favourite mid afternoon treats- a banana, passionfruit, frozen berry and milk smoothie- especially good now that Amelie can prepare most of it which she loves doing and I just whizz it up!
Amelie had a friend over to play this morning- this can sometimes be quite 'interesting' as Amelie is really strong willed and pretty highly strung if you know what I mean! She managed to last about 5 minutes before her first lot of tears and tantrums, however once she had a bit of 'time out' and calmed down the two of them played together really nicely for the rest of the morning. I went into Amelie's bedroom and they had made this little display on the floor. When I said how lovely it was Amelie said "you should take a photo!" and her friend said "you could put it on the internet!" which got them very excited so here it is!
Hope you've had a great start to your week- do you have any favourite smoothie recipe's you'd like to share?
Megan x

11 comments:

Aunty Bee said...

Hi Megan, found you via winnibriggshouse, your smoothie looks good, I came home from work to find husband had made me and first day at Uni boy, a cheese and bacon toasty. What a treat! I've been having smoothies for breakie, just plain yoghurt, low fat milk and blueberries, delicious, sets me up for the day.

Nikki Noo said...

Hard case! I took a photo of our smoothies this morning to post as well! Got sidetracked so maybe another day, but we like to have either 1 cup of frozen mixed berries OR 1 bananna, 250ml light blue milk and a pottle of berry yoghurt OR greek natural yogurt. Either way makes for a very tasty drink that gets fruit into Dex and myself :)

Leonie said...

i have smoothies most mornings and use a frozen banana, some frozen raspberries and rice milk... yummy!

Tammi said...

Smoothies are a great hit in our house for brekky :)
What a lovely display that is!!

Maxabella said...

They are so knowledgeable! Sometimes I'm amazed at their casual references to 'googling' and 'blogging' and then I realise that they've never known any different. They are amazing little people our children. x

m.e (Cathie) said...

i love how they wanted you to take a photo & put it on your blog!
I love kids, such innocence and imagination ♥

Aimee & Paul said...

I live on Sprilna smoothies and Zac loves them too we make them most days for lunch - 1 banana, oj and sprilna powder whizz it all up - YUM! and through in any other fruit that needs using up. Zac loves getting a dark green moustache afterwards and runs to look in the mirror. Yum, healthy and fun

nzgreenbuttons said...

our favourite is yoghurt with banana and any of the berries that are growing in the garden, strawberries, raspberries etc. Yum! I had a little chuckle when I read your description of your daughter as she sounds similar to mine :)

Make mine Mid-Century said...

That smoothie looks delicious! What a healthy mother!

Isn't it funny the girls wanting to put their creation on the Internet!? I bet they were thrilled when they saw it! Like little artists, you would have made their day!

The Clip Cafe said...

Apricot nectar and ice cream - MMmmmmmm! Maybe not so healthy but still yummo! :-)

Kylie said...

Banana, Malt, Honey and Milk is a favourite in this house. I love that kids of Mummy Bloggers love seeing things that they do on the internet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails