Sunday, March 13, 2011

some thrifty finds

Hello all, thank you so much for all the lovely feedback about my patchwork chair on Friday- it was so nice to read all the comments!  I've had a nice relaxing weekend starting with a crafty morning with two friends and ending with a bit of time at a local park late this afternoon.
Last week I went thrift shopping for the first time in ages - I really enjoy reading "Flea Market Finds" on Sophie's blog on Sundays so I'm joining in this week and sharing some of my finds.
I found this little children's china plate at the Sallies shop for $2. Loving those little squirrels!
And also from the Sallies this little thermos ($1.50) was calling me as I love anything yellow and I also have fond memories of drinking milo from my Holly Hobbie thermos on the school bus!
And from the Red Cross shop I found this little bunny mug ($1) which I thought would be a great Easter gift with an Easter egg in it. 
For more thrifty finds this week, head over to Sophie's here
Megan x

PS: I'm watching 'Sunday' at the moment while writing this - they are showing footage of the earthquake in Japan. My best friend Katy and her young family live there - thankfully a long way away from the disaster but it still must be really scary and heartbreaking for them to see their country so devastated. Thinking of you heaps Katy and everyone in Japan xx

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute finds, neat idea using the mug for Easter too!

Stella said...

Love that squirrel plate! Good score!!!!

Megan said...

What a beautiful squirrel plate!! It reminds of Bunnykins - does it say on the back who it is made by?

nzgreenbuttons said...

what great finds! Mum has a wee collection of those mugs at her house, my brother, sister and I all got them with eggs in them! So yes I'm sure that will look great this easter. I love that plate too.

Lea said...

Ohhh these are lovely, the little plate is SO sweet.

karlyn Jackson said...

such a sweet plate.

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

lovely finds. the thermos is grand. would scoop that up! and i know at least one person who'd die for the squirrels.
n♥

clare's craftroom said...

All gorgeous finds but my favourite is that plate !

Michelle said...

Adorable little children's plate. It is so delicate and dainty. I love it. Reminds me of my boy's breakfast plates, from when they were itty bitty. Thanks for sharing.

spectacularfairywren said...

cute cute cute!
Milo does leave you with a special brand of bad breath though right?

Your chair post has me pulling my socks up to finish the project i bought the oilcloth for..

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Hi there, I found your blog via Sophie's (am an obsessive thrifter myself, with crafting tendancies) and really related to your 'about me' section. I also don't seem able to go to bed on time when there's magazines to be pored over, novels to read, blogs to catch up on and just a few more rows to knit...

I'm your latest follower ☺

Mel Dehar said...

Love the mug! Im sure I remember getting a mug like that one easter-of course with a big easter egg sitting on the top.

monkeemoomoo said...

What great finds. Love the plate.

I have been thinking about my 'holly hobbie' flask just this week. As some days are getting colder, I thought about how my son (now grade one), will be sitting out on the cold cement having his lunch.I used to have hot milo in my flask for school in winter. I have a little tartan patterned one, I bought at the op shop a few years back- that should do the job:)

Susan L (lily40au) said...

I still use one of those mugs my daughter's gave me at least a dizen years ago with an egg in them. So cute.
My Flea Market Find

Olive and Esther said...

Hiya Megan, great finds. It is lovely when you find something that takes you back to your childhood and allows us to remember some lovely memories!!

white cat vintage said...

Gasp... I had a thermos exactly like that one, id love to find one again. That plate is gorgeous Megan xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails