Friday, April 29, 2011

where I'll be spending a lot of time today...

...on the couch with Jack
watching this...
and maybe making another one of these- my latest crafting addiction...a crochet baby ball with a little bell inside. 
I made a few of these in the days leading up to Jack's birth from another great tutorial from  Kate here. I put my rusty maths brain on and played around with the pattern to make a bigger ball- I'm thinking they will make a neat little baby gift.  Might be wishful thinking though- Jack still is not very keen on being put down at all...if he's in someone's arms he's the easiest baby ever however try to put him down even on his playmat for a minute or two and he won't have a bar of it! He's had a big sleep this morning but only because he was awake half the night!!!
Thank you so much for all the kind wishes and comments about Jack- it has been so lovely reading them all, I really appreciate it! 
Enjoy the wedding today :)
Megan x

6 comments:

Notchka said...

Me too! (to being on the couch for tonight). You look all organised to be settled in. Welcome to the world Jack! Sorry I've been head down, bum up and not reading blogs this past two weeks. Hope you are well.

greta @ topography said...

Those balls are so cute! Enjoy your evening, when Jack is older you will be able to tell him he was watching :)

Lesley said...

Me too. Knitting gloves though. I sitting here with my royal memorabilia from Charles & Diana's wedding... I remember it well - I was 6!

Congratulations on the arrival of Jack... nothing like those little fingers and toes to keep you going in those sleep-deprived states!

Lady Muck said...

Oh I love those crocheted play balls. I went a bit mad on them when I had Master J - but knitted ones. I put the bells from Lindt bunnies in the little Kinder Surprise plastic egg things and that way you get the ringing a lot louder. My husband actually came up with that idea!

Have a lovely couch day - that is where we will be too, since Miss S has a bad bout of chickenpox. I hope you enjoy the lead-up to the wedding!

Lisa said...

I know what you mean by the baby that needs to be held - I got a hug-a-bub wrap/baby sling, the best thing for freeing up your hands and a happy baby. Enjoy the crafting on the couch along with the wedding!

Roscia said...

Congrats on the birth of Jack. I am glad it all went well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails