Monday, June 20, 2011

happy mail

Something I've really enjoyed since starting my blog is taking part in swaps and also finding cool things online that you would never have found without reading other people's blogs! Today was a double bonus mail day as there were two packages in the letterbox. The first was my gorgeous brooch as part of the Flowerpress brooch swap from Kate, the very clever creative lady behind one of my favourite blogs, Foxs Lane.
How lucky was I to have Kate as my swapper- she sent this beautiful crochet brooch which is perfect as I am really loving crochet at the moment. You can read about how Kate made the brooch here.
And in the package was also the cute -as heart brooches, some aussie chocolates and the lovely quilted zip purse....wow!
Thank you so much Kate and thank you again to Susie for the swap- it has been so inspirational to see the brooches made- they really are little works of art!

And in the other package was this beautiful necklace I bought from Lee of Cloud Nine Creative, a design studio based in Christchurch. I found her website via Miriam's blog post about the latest earthquakes in Christchurch.  I just love this necklace :)
Lee has also created a beautiful range of 'Love Christchurch' jewellery with 20% of the proceeds going to the Red Cross Canterbury earthquake appeal.
And I just liked Lee's facebook page and saw this awesome giveaway....Lee is having a one year birthday giveaway with an amazing prize of $500 to spend on Cloud Nine Creative products- how much fun would that be! Check it out on her website here...

Hope you have some nice mail in your letterbox this week too :)
Megan x

10 comments:

Suz said...

Definitely happy mail!!

Miko said...

this is my first visit to your blog - it is gorgeous and what lovely things you have created. I'll be coming back! thank you for sharing the competition too!

Clare said...

I would be very happy with such gorgeous mail too!
:)

Tammi said...

Isn't that necklace just gorgeous?

When Kate posted her brooch I was thinking how much I would have loved to be on the receiving end of that :)

xx

Catherine said...

Thanks for the link to the website I'll be sure to visit.
I've added the list of Christchurch bloggers to my blog and where possible I'm also supporting online Christchurch business xxx
Lovely mail xxx

Katie said...

Love the necklace and the brooch. I LOVE getting good stuff in the post :-)

makeitgiveit said...

Megan I am so STOKED you visited her site and bought something too! Doesn't she just make such lovely stuff? I have 2 of her prints and I adore them. I am expecting some parcels in the post too - love, love!

Kate said...

Oh my that necklace is stunning. I will totally be clicking over there after here. And you already know how thrilled I am that you liked my parcel. Love the story of you smallest being mesmerized by the doily.

Michelle @ RockMYRoll said...

Lucky-ducky!!!

Leah said...

Me again! I'm sitting here going through all your gorgeous posts and finding lots of beautiful inspiration. I loved seeing your Cloud Nine Jewellery - would you believe I have some of her earrings on right now. Aren't her things stunning?

Related Posts with Thumbnails