Tuesday, November 15, 2011

colour matching

I spend so much time in my house I think I am actually beginning to morph into it in a way... my wardrobe is definitely starting to show a bit of a colour theme! 

Pink top Cotton On, shoes from Overland, crochet necklace by me from this tutorial

Top from Cotton on, shoes from Rubi, bracelet from North Beach, necklace from Jaded Seas
I even bought this yellow nailpolish the other day (Revlon nail polish in "Electric"). And I'm a big fan of lip balms with a bit of colour so I'm loving this- Covergirl Natureluxe gloss balm in Sandstone.  (and no I'm not getting paid or freebies to write this- it's just a really nice lip balm for a great price!)
Do you find colours you are loving end up in your home and in your or your kiddies wardrobes as well?!  Check out this awesome blog where Rachelle finds stunning kids rooms and matches up cute kids clothes to the rooms in her posts "Turn this room into an outfit". Pretty cool don't you think!
Megan x

10 comments:

Rochelle's Lenz said...

Haha I definitely find this happening with my girls' rooms and wardrobes....my favourite colours leach everywhere....although quite haphazardly. I need to learn how to accessorise my wardrobe alot better as these and my clothes in the many shades of turquoise doesn't really work!! Hopefully when bfding is through I will feel inspired to adorn ones self with great accessories. K loves her stickers, thanks A,S and J.

Rowantree Design said...

Love colour blocking my life, even my home is colour blocked.

Seaside Siblings said...

for sure, I LOVE duck egg/aqua shades and green which you see in my home. Unfortunately we are in a rental home at present with a deep purple/red feature wall, so not a colour I love.

Leah said...

Oooooh I adore your blue shoes! They are gorgeous!! It's so nice to be able to ditch the wintery boots and make room in the wardrobe for lovely summery shoes. I'm about make a few of those necklaces to add to the Christmas pressies for our kindy and school teachers. I love the mustard colour you've used - so will definitely include that in the mix! Have a fabulous week hon (and thank you for linking to me - I am really flattered).

Craftysquirrel said...

Ha - just looked around our lounge - red, grey, black on a neutral background - and my wardrobe - dominated by the first 3 colours with a bit of green and denim thrown in. Might need to mix it up with some summer colours.

Jenny said...

I love your style! Especially those turquoise shoes!!! It makes sense that we live in and dress ourselves (our kids) in similar colours as it just shows what we are currently loving. The bright colours you have here really make me feel all summery! That blog is awesome too! Thanks for sharing.

Jenny x

timeforalittlesomething.com said...

Hi, I haven't visited for a while but love this post!
I never really thought about it... but yeah, my house kind of matches my clothes! (Or is it the other way around?). I specially like your pink top and yellow necklace match. And I never wanted yellow nail polish until now!!!

special 'k' said...

My first visit to your home what a lovely place you have and how talented you are. I have enjoyed myself looking around. Your bright color palette is so summery and cheerful. Thanks for having me, perhaps when you have a moment you will pop over to my place also. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Anonymous said...

I have a random question. I love love love those Overland shoes and would like to buy a pair. They don't have them in the store anymore, but I was going to go on an online hunt. Do you remember the name of the shoe? Thanks!

Megan said...

Hi, they are so my favourite shoes! I've had a look on the overland website and couldn't see them on there- they also came in tangerine and also a floral denim. Will try and find the name of them -hopefully I kept the receipt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails