Friday, March 9, 2012

things I'm loving: a few days in Whangamata

We've just got back from a short break in Whangamata, a lovely little beachy town on the Coromandel Peninsula, so I thought I'd share a few pics of some of the things I loved about Whanga...
A morning walk along Whangamata's beautiful beach
♥ Loving these classic kiwi bach's
 Finding all these fab children's books at the local op-shop
♥ buying these cute hand knitted finger puppets from a cute shop in the main street
reading a few chapters of this book by Rachael Herron (from the blog Yarn-A-Go-Go) I found at the library - it was neat to bump into Kate at the library from one of my favourite blogs Greedy for Colour as well- you should have seen her massive bag of library books- it was very impressive!

And just had to share these pics- we came home to our little cul-de-sac suburban street to see 2 cows (well 'heifers' to be specific a neighbour thought??) on the side lawn of our neighbours house- they had somehow come up from a house down the bottom of our street! 
Very funny to see them in such an unlikely place and to see my hubby, some of the neighbours and a man from the council herding the cows back down the path they came up!

And finally a big hello and thank you to my new followers and Facebook likers that have come over from Apartment Therapy's post about my playhouse.  Apartment Therapy Family is the new name for their previous website 'Ohdeedoh'- you can check out their facebook page here.

To see what else people are loving visit Paisley Jade's here
Megan

9 comments:

faith76 said...

That looks like such a beautiful place perfect for escaping to. Love the finger puppet finds too.Hope the cows found there way home:)

Ange (Tall, Short and Tiny) said...

Looks like an idyllic spot! Cute finger puppets too.

Rochelle's Lenz said...

Ha I just saw those cows on a friends facebook page yesterday!

Katie said...

Beautiful photos Megan, I've never been to Whangamata but we did get away to Whitianga in the Coromandel before the baby born and I am so keen to get back up there soon. Love the photos of the cows too - funny :-)

Posie Patchwork said...

Oh wow, what gorgeous beach houses & so many lovely things here today. I can't believe i took my 4 children to Brisbane for the school holidays (Summer) & we didn't go to the beach, once, what is wrong with us?? It rained so much, we swam in the pool instead. Will be a while before we go to the beach (living in Canberra) sigh, love Posie

Rowantree Design said...

Funny I was just looking over some pictures of me fishing at Whitianga last year. It's so glorious there, I can't wait to return, stay in one of those romantic little bach's and go fishing!

Thoeria said...

What a beautiful place to get away from it all!

KiwiStyle said...

Enjoying your blog and your creativity. Jane :)

Notchka said...

I've come over all nostalgic - my old home town. 'The Wardrobe' used to be the little shop between the four square and the cinema on Port Road (I think its called Pennylicious these days). Its a great beach - did you walk out to Middle Island at low tide? Oppie is brilliant at Waihi Beach too ;) just in case you go that way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails