Monday, January 21, 2013

'Up north'

Hello all and Happy 2013! I've had a bit of a break from blogging due to the school holidays but I thought I'd break the drought and post some pics of our recent holiday up to nearly the top of the North Island, a beautiful place called Ahipara.  It is a stunning part of NZ and the place we stayed at is just amazing- it has no electricity (plenty of tilley lamps and torches though!), hot water heated by a fire, and you can only get round to it at low tide so it was a fabulous adventure for us and the kids (we have been once before having children).  
 
what a view!
footprints in the sand
off for a 'bath' after dinner
trailer rides
toasting marshmellows
watching a pod of Orca's...
...can you see the fins?!

We also visited this gorgeous apartment 'Rougemont' in Ahipara as it is owned by friends of ours...check it out if you'd like a break in this lovely town- the view is absolutely spectacular and the hosts are pretty awesome too!

I hope you have enjoyed a summer (or winter!) break as well. Looking forward to getting back into more blogging soon! 
Megan x

PS: If you would love to meet up with other bloggers at NZ's first 'blogger conference' to be held in Christchurch 12-14 April 2013 check out the details here, looks like a great weekend planned! http://www.bloggersconnecting.com
Bloggers Connecting

12 comments:

BigLittle said...

Hi Megan, Looks like a beautiful spot. Hope you had a relaxing time... Lisa xx

Katrina said...

Beautiful photos,thank you for sharing :)

Dee said...

oh! so close to our temporary home! :) isn't it beautiful up here?

Dee

Libby said...

Yes! I did (think) I saw the fins!
I shivered when I saw the kids in shorts...it is -14C and it is a hard cold...meaning it should be actually colder than it is. Our snow melted a bit over the past week so we don't have much. I yearn for shorts weather and laying out on a beach watching the ocean. Looks and sounds like a divine place to get away from the busy work of civilization.

Neetz said...

AWWWWW........THATS MY HOMETOWN...AHIPARA/KAITAIA!!! :) and I got engaged at Shippies (Shipwreck bay). This is where I also have been over the holidays also ;) hehe.. gosh I could have bumped into you and not even known! ;)

Hope you had a great time up there anyway... we're back in Whangarei now and I always miss home when I'm back here.

Anyway cheers :)
Juanita.

Leonie said...

Looks absolutely devine - hope you had a wonderful rest :)

Tartankiwi said...

Sounds like a great adventure. I have very fond memories of staying in a very basic croft when we were little (with flagstone floors, tilley lamps,great box-bed built into the wall of the living room and the toilet in an outhouse!) So much fun!
Thanks for blogging about around the table- can't wait to meet you!

PaisleyJade said...

Love it up there -many awesome memories spent surfing in summer up there!

Holly said...

Wow! Beautiful! :)
I'm definitely coming to Around the Table in April. :)

Thoeria said...

What a beautiful spot to get away from it all! Definitely what memories are made of :)

Suz said...

Looks lovely. I have just completed a dollhouse renovation! I would love you to come and check it out!! Suz

Hootnz said...

What an awesome adventure for the kids :) Looks lovely.

Related Posts with Thumbnails