Tuesday, February 23, 2010

a little bag for a little girl

On Sunday I made another little satchel bag from the tutorial at 'Ruby in the Dust' for my toddler's friend Lily. I bought the flower fabric from Bernina for the lining and I used a design from the book "Embroidery for Little Miss Crafty" by Helen Dardik for the flower but just changed it slightly so there was a bit of applique to match the lining. I really like this little bag :)
Megan
25/02/10
A fab website 'Lil Magoolie' posted about my bag with links to Helen Dardik's blog and website- both are absolutely gorgeous!

11 comments:

Cat said...

Gorgeous bag - she will loveeee it!

Widge said...

I love it! so cute!!

Anonymous said...

You may have saved me from googling a tutorial for a bag! Now that my wee one has grown up, she doesn't need such a big bag for church...so I was hoping to see if I could make one myself! It will be my first time...wish me luck!

PS. At the moment there are some bulk paper doilies on sale on trademe. Otherwise, try the $2 shop or Moore Wilsons (if you have one up your way) for paper doilies.

Ruby in the Dust said...

oh, it looks lovely! I really like the applique and the fabric :)

Cotton Kiwi said...

Wow! That's such a great bag! Love it!

Jen said...

I love it too :)
what a blessed wee girl :)
wish I were her :)

fab material

Maria said...

Ooooh, it's a winner. Simply stunning! xx

Domestic Goddess said...

Beautiful bag - EXCELLENT workmanship - well done!

Anonymous said...

love love love this!!

orange you lucky! said...

It turned out really cute! So glad that the book was of some use:)
Lovely colours too!

Jo's Place said...

That bag is gorgeous, love everything about it

Related Posts with Thumbnails