Sunday, June 12, 2011

a bow brooch

It's been a bit of a rainy weekend here - good weather to get a few crafty projects finished including my brooch for the Flowerpress brooch swap. My swap partner is a really amazing crafter so I spent quite a bit of time thinking about what type of brooch to create. In the end after changing my mind a lot I decided to make a fabric bow brooch after seeing the bow hairclip I won from Amber and Hillary's blog last year.

But after more obessing (I think there were a few of us obsessing about our brooches!) I decided to make a crochet bow brooch as well as my partner loves crochet.
And then I got the idea to make a scarf using the fabric from the bow brooch and some lovely blue merino. (Thank you for the ideas on my Facebook page the other night on where to source merino- I ended up getting some from 'Moreland Fabrics' here in Tauranga but I am going to have a look at some from Global Fabrics too if I make some more.)
I made a few more bows too - some more for brooches and a couple to stitch on to a t-shirt or a bag perhaps.
So the parcel is finally all wrapped up ready to go - hope she likes it!
If you want to check out some of the brooches already made check them out here...I've just had a look and they look amazing, better get mine in the mail before I change my mind again!!
Thanks for a great swap Susie :)
Megan x

13 comments:

flowerpress said...

Megan, what beautiful little bows! They remind me of those great Forage bow ties. I just love the fabric you've used and the matching scarf. Your partner is going to love it all so much!

LittleKiwisCloset said...

super cute. and I love the matching scarf aswell. what a great swap gift.

I had no idea that you are in Tauranga too, I am aswell. and I love Morelands..

Rhiannon said...

Those bows are so cool, especially the crochet one. I've been wanting to make some crochet bows for a while, did you find a pattern online or did you just make it up? And great idea sending a scarf with your brooch. I was trying to think of something to go with mine, but never thought about a scarf, what a shame. Your swap partner is super lucky.

Jennie said...

Love your bows - the crochet one especially! Want to do some for headbands etc for the girls ... at some point!xx

Notchka said...

Bows are so 'in trend' at the mo - lovely vintage looking fabric you used. I can't decide whether I like the crochet or the fabric bow best - both good. I'm still make broochs - yikes - I've just gotta wrap one and send it!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

They are lovely, gorgeous fabrics. Am sure your swap partner will be pleased.

Catherine said...

Oh goodness you have been busy. It sounds like a lovely parcel! Yes I too have been obsessing over what my partner might like.

nz green buttons said...

they are both beautiful! You are so clever.

Annika said...

Cute! What a great bounty!

Kate said...

I am another who has been obsessing about my brooch, that's for sure.
I love the bows so much. Especially the crocheted one.
Have a wonderful week.

Unknown said...

The bow brooches are beautiful! What a great swap gift! :) x

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so cute!! Thanks for checking in on me x

Kirsty said...

Chuffed with my haul.

Thank you so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails