Monday, March 30, 2015

A Lego Party

Hi everyone, here are the details of my daughter Stella's 6th birthday Lego Party we had last week. I chose to do an after school party as her birthday was on a Wednesday so we could do the whole birthday on the one day, rather than every other year where the party has been on a different day to the birthday. We had 12 guests plus our three kids so there were a lot of kids running around, I don't normally have this many kids but Stella has a lot of boy and girl friends so this bumps up the numbers quite a bit! So here are the details below if you are thinking of doing a lego party yourself- I tried to keep it as simple as possible...kids birthday parties are a lot of work and I have my other two kids birthdays in a few weeks. They aren't having parties like this though…Jack (nearly 4) is going to have one at an indoor playground place where they do everything (it'll be his first party). And Amelie (nearly 8) is going to have a French themed party but it will be small and 8 year old girls are a dream so I'm actually looking forward to that one!!

Invite: I got a lego base board and we spelt out Stella's name and arranged all of her favourite lego mini figures on it, then I took a photo of it and typed up the party info at the bottom (I found a free lego logo looking font 'Lego Thick' as I was going to do a different invite at first so I used this on part of the invite). 


Decorations:  I hung the birthday bunting that I made a few weeks ago (will share that soon)- I've been meaning to make some birthday bunting for ages that we can hang up for each of our birthdays- a fun tradition. Then I got photos of Stella right from newborn to now and used washi tape to make a line of them (they all loved this). And my friend lent me the cool lego storage head.  I also hung a few bright yellow balloons outside.
Food: Because there were so many kids coming I decided to use these Homebrand reusable containers (less than $1 each) and just put the food in them so they could eat outside.

 In each one I put a lego cookie that I'd made. I couldn't find a lego mini figure head cookie cutter from an NZ online store so I bought this one from Etsy). I used yellow fondant to ice them and a black edible icing pen for the face. 
I added fairy bread, grapes, rice crackers, some lego lollies from Crazy Candies

popcorn, and a few other sweets. Approximately one quarter of this food was actually eaten which I was surprised about as I though they'd all be starving after school!

Cake: I asked the amazing Shannon from TuiRose Cupcakes (Check out her Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/TuiRoseCupcakes) to make me some lego mini figures cake toppers after seeing some on Pinterest- isn't the detail on them incredible! Stella loved these :) I just ordered a birthday cake from New World this year as I wanted to make the party as easy as possible for me, so I added some lego lollies and the awesome toppers to my store bought cake.




Activities:  I organised two games to play- Pass the Parcel (Stella's favourite) and 'pin the head on the mini figure'. 
For each layer of pass the parcel I put one of these lego lollipops- I used yellow washi tape to cover the lollipop wrapper and drew a mini figure face on each one.
For the prize I found these lego pencil sharpeners on clearance at Warehouse Stationery (less than $3, and added a lego minifugure from the Warehouse, and a lego pen (I split a pack of 4). 
 

For the 'pin the head on the mini figure' game I was going to print out a free printable but that was going to cost a lot to print poster size, plus printing out the lego heads, especially as I needed two so I could split my big group into girls and boys, so I just bought some A0 size white card and some A0 yellow card instead, drew and painted the mini figures (in a bit of a rush!) and cut out the heads from he yellow card.


Goody bags: I love doing goody bags but I wanted to keep them simple and budget friendly this year so I found these bags for $1 each at a local dollar value type store and added the dots using the free paint chip cards from Bunnings (luckily I already had a circle hole punch)

In the bags I put another lego cookie, a balloon, a lego movie colouring sheet, and some lego lollies.

So there you go, some ideas for your own lego party…I have some more ideas on my Pinterest page here if you want to take a look…http://www.pinterest.com/megsmousehouse/lego/

Thanks for reading and have a great week :)
Megan

1 comment:

Simoney said...

This is a fab party! Love so many of the details x

Related Posts with Thumbnails