Tuesday, January 25, 2011

a colour book

I love colour! My favourite colour combination at the moment is pink, yellow, grey and turquoise but I really love all colours and so many different colour combinations. I am trying to stick to just those four colours for my house spruce up but I find it really hard as I like so many different looks!
Anyway,  I thought today I'd share the Snapfish book I made for a christmas present for Amelie.  I made this one for Stella after seeing the idea on Angela's Striking Keys blog and then I had an idea for Amelie's one- I decided to go with a colour theme and made it "A Colour Book for Amelie".
I had heaps of fun gathering up bits and bobs around the house for each colour- crafty things, toys, and other bits and bobs and taking a photo of each colour collection.
 
Then I went through my iphoto folders (I have over 6,000 photos in my iphoto going back to when Amelie was born -another thing to add to my decluttering/organising list!) and found photo's of crafty things I had made for her over the year and also photo's of other things that would match up to some of the colours.  Here's some of the pages I made.




I really like having the craft photo's in there as it is so neat to see all of the things I made for her in a little book. Both books were a hit with the girls although Stella goes for Amelie's more than her own which is funny! 

Well, time for some more 'organising' now yay! My craft space is looking very different and I've just got a few more things to do.  Can't wait to share on Friday and hopefully see some of your 'before and after' pics too! Sarah, the creator of KiwiMummyBlogs and the cool blog Bobby Robin kindly made me a button for the challenge to put on the Kiwi Mummy Blogs site - thanks Sarah! She also wrote a great post about decluttering here. And Meg has some awesome before and after linen cupboard pics and tips here.

organised-home
Thanks for visiting :)
Megan

By the way, I got given a tip from the Clip Cafe  the other day to use 'picnik'  to edit photo's to make blog buttons and add watermarks to photo's and the like.  I just used it today to add text to my colour photo's above- it was really easy to use so thanks heaps for the tip!

26 comments:

meg said...

Wow what an awesome book! It is so pretty. I made one for Mum for her birthday (when she and Dad sadly moved back to Christchurch), and got myself a copy too (two for one deal). Maybe I should blog it sometime too.

Anonymous said...

What an incredible book, the different colour themes is just plain super!!!

JoyLeanne said...

such a cute idea!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!! Your book is amazing and I really like the variety in each picture.
My daughter loved Milly Molly Mandy growing up :)
x

Katie said...

ooooh, I LOVE this idea! Definetly going to give it a go. I've pinned it to Pinterest (you should have a look it's awesome: http://pinterest.com/katieinnz/projects-of-craftiness/) that way I always have the link to come back to when I get round to it!

Katrina said...

what a very clever and cool idea Megan, it looks awesome.I bet it was heaps of fun gathering together all the different bits and pieces too. Just wonderful, thanks for sharing this with us :)

BigLittle said...

Thanks for sharing - I love this idea.

Emmy said...

Gorgeously done colours!!

Amy said...

That's awesome! You are very clever :)
I'm a speech language therapist, and one of my most useful/go-to books is a commercial version of yours. I don't own my own copy though, so maybe I will have to copy you and make my own!

Cotton Kiwi said...

What an awesome book and so special for your girls to have. I love that you included things that you have made for them in their books. I have made a Snapfish baby book for Eloise and one of the girls for their Grandma but I really must get onto making one for Maddy.

nyc1998 said...

How gorgeous! I love white and cream together, it always looks so calm and serene. Looks like you put a lot of thought into it - what a lucky little girl Amelie is <3

Carey Morris said...

I love this idea and also the girls could go on a colour hunt in the house finding things that in the book. You are a very creative soul and inspire me!

Angela said...

Love it.

gaijinwife said...

Yet another fantastic idea that I love but will no doubt ever get around to doing. It looks so good!! And so cool because she can then go round the house and actually find the things in the book. How special.

Jodz said...

What a fabulous book. Such a great idea.

Unknown said...

That's a brilliant idea, I love the book, it looks so professional! I've used snapfish before for making a yearly photo book of my niece for her parents, but this is a great idea for when she's older! Thnks for the Picnik tip as well! :) x

Rochelle's Lenz said...

Hey Megan, thanks for pointing me in the direction of Faery Sarahs post on decluttering. Her comments about the toys really interested me. I always hoped my daughter would love the few toys or natural wonders she might have - we are challenged by grandies who pop in most visits with a toy! arrgghhhhh. To cope I have organised her many toys into Multiple Intelligence toy boxes and we rotate the toys. I really would like to have less so that we can make the most our our local Toy Library - which to me is a more sustainable, and interesting approach. Interestingly my daughter really loves the toys we hire from there almost ignoring her own! Speaking of which....I see there are lots of drives in support of the Queensland flooding happening amongst the mummy bloggers. What do you think of giving our children a chance to declutter by donating a toy (with their own price on it - cute) to a Toy Stall with funds being sent to a community in Queensland?? So far I like the idea of giving children a chance to experience charity and sacrifice for people less fortunate than themselves and in need. Would love your thoughts before giving the idea some traction.

Sarah said...

I love the book - I want to make one for my son now! And I love the name Amélie - its on the top of my husbands & my list if our next child is a girl!

Anonymous said...

How cool! What a totally fun and unique idea. I can't wait to spend some time with the rest of your posts!

.:+Pearlofafrika+:. said...

what a beautiful gift. love it!

Emily said...

Love this idea! Your book turned out beautiful!

amidel said...

I love your book (found it through Prudent Baby), but I love your daughter's name even more as it's the same as mine!

Steph said...

I'm totally blown away with this book. It is truly amazing. I would love to make one for my daughter. Thanks for the inspiration.

Gingham Skies said...

Bounced over to your little slice of heaven thanks to Prudent Baby - love your beautiful colour book!! You have inspired me to create a board book for my wee man and I'll be tucking your idea away for future use. Off to create a post linking to your lovely book.

Michele @ The Hills are Alive said...

gorgeous!

Angela said...

This just went up, and made me think of you. Like how I put the comment on the appropriate post? :P I pointed the lovely Katie in your direction too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails