Tuesday, January 18, 2011

fairy themed gifts

Amelie had a 4th birthday party to go to in the weekend so I decided to go with a bit of a fairy theme for the birthday girl. I really liked the post on Prudent Baby in December last year when they put together 'a little handmade and a little store bought' list of gift ideas.  
So I made one of my waterproof toilet bags/pencil cases using some fairy fabric that I found on TradeMe.  Then I added a fairy colouring book, and a wand and some fairy stickers too.
For the card, I made a little fairy wishing stone by painting a stone gold and sprinkling gold glitter on it. Then using my big circle craft punch, I cut out a circle from some scrapbooking card I had, popped the stone inside a little bag and sellotaped the bag onto the back. I wrote a little note about  'putting the stone under your pillow and making a wish'... kids love that sort of thing don't they!
It was great going with a theme as it made it super easy when heading to the shops instead of waiting for inspiration to hit!
Megan x

8 comments:

Katrina said...

Such sweet gifts, and what a neat idea for the card, I bet the recipient just loved them all :)

Unknown said...

What a lovely theme , lucky birthday girl !

JoyLeanne said...

LOVE! I love themed gifts. So much fun and makes shopping a lot more focused.

Aims said...

Wow, your writing really went downhill at the end of that card..... ;)

Cotton Kiwi said...

What a great idea! I love the fairy wishing stone card in particular. My girls sleep with some fairy dust under their pillow every night. Maddy was given hers by the fairy who came to her 5th birthday party 2 years ago and I have to be very careful not to put it through the washing machine when I change the bedding! I bet your gift was a huge hit.

Katie said...

Awesome idea, love the wishing stone idea :-)

Kelli said...

Wicked Megan! The card is awesome! She will love havin a wishing stone

Kelli

green tea and red nails said...

what a lucky birthday girl!! great gift :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails