Thursday, March 3, 2011

my creative space: Little Red Riding Hood

I saw this lovely old book at my mother in law's in the weekend- a gorgeous version of the classic Little Red Riding Hood story. Amelie loves reading it and dressing up as red riding hood- I bought her a basket from the Salvation Army store and she even made me dress up as the wolf with some brown fur fabric I bought last year to make baby blankets- funny what you get up to in a day sometimes!
I love this little cottage
Stella thinks that she's the little girl in the book and says "La La' very excitedly when she sees it :)
If you're wondering what this has to do with 'my creative space' I've had some Stitchbird little red riding hood fabric for ages now and as I had a couple of presents to make for two 4 year old girls last week I used some of it (along with some 'Katie Rose' fabric) to make two little satchel bags.
And keeping to my red riding hood theme I found this tutorial for a little doll that I'd like to make one day
little-red-riding-hood-doll
And how sweet is this birthday card from Bee at Honeyjumble
Little Red greeting card
Have you seen this amazing RRH pop up book illustrated by Louise Rowe? I found it via this post at weheartbooks 

Here's a lovely version of the story from Oxbridge Baby on youtube too...
For more creative spaces, visit Kirsty's here
Megan x

18 comments:

Widge said...

wow yes she does look like the girl in the book!!! amazing resemblance :)
Love the hood you made and the bags and doll! tooo clever girl

Tam - UniqueBoutique said...

i adore stitchbird!

Jenny said...

My gosh she does look very similar, hehe. Very cute though:) I love traditional stories and fairytales like red riding hood, much better than many 'modern' ones nowadays, haha, mmm I sound old now! Hope your ok after the awful earthquake last wk - are you anywhere nearby? we saw so much about it on the news...my thoughts are with all those people affected, such a tragedy x

Cotton Kiwi said...

Very cute Megan! Love the resemblance between your gorgeous girl and Red Riding hood in the book. Eloise went through a RRH stage last year and provide much amusement to the locals as she wandered around Devonport in her hooded cape and with her basket of goodies. Love the satchels too.

Photography said...

Gorgeous! She does look like the illustration!!! Much cuter though of course. Love your bags.

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

I love those bags, and the doll too!

Dee said...

wow! she looks exactly the same!!
i have a daughter who loves acting out stories too. when she was about 3 we acted out Cinderella and I took photos, printed them out and we turned it into a book. you should do the same for this story with your daughter starring as Little Red Riding hood (and you being the wolf of course!). SHe will love it and it will be a fabulous keepsake :)

meg said...

Oh I love Red Riding Hood too and what cute bags you have made!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the resemblance is amazing! Looks like you've been busy too. Gorgeous creations, love them all!

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

Love the bags - how cute!!! and your little own red riding hood is just too cute for words xx

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

So much to live about Little Red Riding Hood!! I just came across a very similar LRRH book in my stack, i'm sorting my studio, yawn but wow, the things i'm finding!! Love Posie

Kylie said...

What a great cape and little gifts. Love the short fringe:)

Beautiful Day said...

Red Riding Hood is a favourite of mine with the whole red cloak thing and the basket of goodies! I love what you've made and found. Stella looks adorable! xx

Stitchbird said...

Yes there is a definite resemblance - I especially like the photo with the cheeky grin. Also lovely bags!

aimee @ lily pad designs nz said...

wow megan you put a lot of effort into this post, I really loved reading it :) Your daughter is gorgeous! x

Anonymous said...

Isn't she adorable and she does look just like little red riding hood. The purses turned out very sweet.

Anonymous said...

I think her fringe looks really cute! What a lovely post, isn't that softie gorgeous. Have a nice weekend x

Unknown said...

love that little hoodie- so adorable! xo m.

Related Posts with Thumbnails