Tuesday, May 25, 2010

a bag and a bib for a baby boy


Been a bit quiet on the blog this week! I had a fun night in Auckland on Saturday taking Amelie to Disney on Ice. She was very excited and watching her quite gobsmacked by the whole thing was very entertaining. It was a great show :)

On the crafting front I made my first baby bib the other day. My friend Ange asked me to make one of my personalised kids toilet bags for a friends one year old baby boy and I had just enough fabric left over to make a bib too. I am really enjoying using bias binding- it looks so professional! I didn't even pin it on- I just pulled it around the edges as I sewed. I went through quite a few fasteners trying to attach them to the bib- I think I was hitting them a bit too hard with the hammer!
Megan x

10 comments:

Angela said...

Are bibs the new frontier? Because that looks fantastic!!

Jennie said...

Thats brilliant!
It doesn't look like a first to me!x

sewfunky said...

looking good! :D

PJ said...

Bias binding is fantastic isn't it! The bib looks great :)

Shana Putnam said...

That is so cute!

emerson-j said...

very cool, well done it looks hard making a bib!!

Cal said...

Very nice work. I have been in a bib making mood too, spewing bib after bib from the sewing machine lately. I like the professional look of yours, with the bias tape!

Kelli said...

That looks so cool Megan well done. That fabric is awesome to - go the binding!

angelina said...

i havent made any bibs yet....love yours!

Anonymous said...

Ohh cute!! Well done you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails